- If you would like to have some manga/doujinshi translated from Japanese into English, you can always place a full scanlation (translation + editing) commission. Nevertheless, if you are planning on editing the manga yourself, you can also get a text-only translation and if you already have a text-only translation and need somebody to edit the manga for you, my editor can do that for you too.
HOW TO PLACE A COMMISSION
- In order to place a commission, please email me at email@example.com, providing a download link* to the manga/doujinshi you want to have translated.
- In you email, please tell me under what name or nickname you would like to be mentioned in the credits and on my blog.
- Upon receiving your email, I will provide you with a price quote and expected completion date.
- If you find the price quote acceptable, you will have to send me the payment in advance. Payments are accepted via PayPal** and I will include my PayPal address*** in my reply along with the price quote.
[**] I might be able to accept payments through other systems as well, so if you would like to use a different payment processor, you can always ask me about it.
[***] Please do not remit any payments to my mailing address, as I will not be able to receive them.
TRANSLATION + EDITING RATES (PUBLIC)
- Currently, my average rate for public scanlations (translation + editing) is $1.60/page.
- Please understand, however, that this rate is for guideline purposes only and might be slightly lower or higher, depending on the amount of text and complexity of edit.
- Additionally, in case of public commissions, I reserve the right to post the finished translation on my blog. However, I guarantee that this will be done no sooner than 24 hours after sending the finished translation to the commissioner.
TRANSLATION + EDITING RATES (PRIVATE)
- If you do not want me to post your commission on my blog, please indicate that you would like to place a private commission in your email and I will provide you with an appropriate quote.
- As a general rule, I take $0.50/page more for private commissions.
TEXT-ONLY TRANSLATION RATE
- The average rate for text-only translations is $1.10/page.
- However, you can receive 10% cash-back, if you let me post the finished translation on my blog, after you edit it yourself or have it edited by another editor. This cash-back will be provided to you in form of a discount on your next commission.
- If you already have a text-only translation and need to have it edited, my editor will be glad to do that for you at roughly $0.50/page.
- Additionally, you can receive 5% cash-back, if you let me post the finished edit on my blog (both the translator and the commissioner will be mentioned in the credits and on my blog). This cash-back will be provided to you in form of a discount on your next commission.
- In general, I can translate around 25-35 pages every day, which amounts to an average manga chapter or doujinshi book.
- That being said, I receive many commission every day and translate all project in the same order they were received.
- Therefore, upon receiving your email, I will provide you with an expected completion date.
WHAT WILL BE TRANSLATED
- My standard rates apply only to regular manga/doujinshi pages and do not include the translation of onomatopoeia (sound effects and such). Nevertheless, if needed, I can translate onomatopoeia for a little extra just as well. As a general rule, I take $0.25~$0.50/page more for this service.
- My standard rates do not apply to author's commentary pages at the beginnings and ends of manga/doujinshi books. These too can be translated for an additional fee (usually, $5~$10/page).
- If you would like me to translate onomatopoeia and/or commentary pages, please indicate this in your initial email, so I can include the additional fees in my quote.